How to collaborate at work
1. Identify Team Members: wether using a selection tool like LUMINA Spark or drawing straws, get your team sorted out first. Who's committing or needed on the team?
2. Set Creative Environment: Do not underestimate the power of your surroundings. Create a powerful space for ideas to be shared and secured. A positive, inspiring space.
3. Identify Topic: Don't convolute a conversation with too many topics. Choose the primary topic and stick to conversations that focus on this topic.
4. Create The Questions: What's important for your team to work on? Invite everyone to take a few minutes and ponder what questions might need to be answered and post them for the team to focus on.
5. Capture The Content: Ensure that teams members write down their ideas on a virtual share board or sticky notes to be put on a display board below the relevant questions. Ensure that all team member voice/responses are entered.
6. Organize What Was Shared: Find themes, identify gaps that will move the team forward. This can be done after a meeting or ideally with the team.
7. Assign Specific Tasks: Be sure to have tasks aligned with members and deadlines to promote progress with a follow up method.
Collaboration is defined as 'the action of working with someone to produce something' The issue is that learning how to collaborate with others is a learned skill. it is within the topic of healthy relationship skills.
Set intentions to learn, practice and implement this skill.
If I can help or support in some way, please reach out.
A Business Relationship Trainer, Virtual Team Coach & Facilitator who loves all things related to business strategy, growth and innovation through the power of people in relationship.